03 March 2022
What is Orientation Training? What Should Orientation Training Be Like?
Orientation training is a training program organized for a newly hired employee to get used to work and adapt to the company. Orientation training, which has a critical place in the recruitment processes of companies, is of great importance in terms of ensuring the rapid adaptation of employees to work and their colleagues. With orientation training, employees begin to get to know the corporate culture closely. Employees who have the opportunity to meet and blend with their managers and colleagues during this training process also gain a lot of information about the workplace in this process. Thanks to orientation training, employees get through the adaptation phase more quickly, as they begin to get used to the workplace and their colleagues. This, in turn, is the basis for a fruitful start. We have answered the questions for you about how orientation training should be like, and its' steps.
What are the Stages of Orientation Training?
The orientation training program is mainly grouped under three main headings: general orientation, department-oriented orientation and work-oriented orientation.
- In the general orientation training program, an introduction to the corporate culture is made by is informing the employee about the mission, vision and physical structure of the company, and the opportunities such as social rights and personal rights which will be provided for the employee are conveyed in detail.
- In the department-oriented orientation training, only the information necessary for the department and detailed information about the general functioning of the department are given.
- In the work-oriented training program, the job-related obligations, expectations, practices, and relationships with colleagues inside the same department are explained in detail.
How Should a Successful Orientation Training Process Be?
A successful orientation training process means that the employee who has just started working is involved in business processes, quickly adapting to the company. So, how can this success be achieved? Firstly, the employee's expectations from the company and the company's expectations from the employee should be learned and mutual agreement should be reached on these expectations.
For a successful orientation training process, it is very important that there are people in the department of Human Resources who are experienced in this field. The orientation training process is evaluated in 4 main headings:
Introduction of the Company
Detailed information is provided about the foundation phase and history of the company, organizational structure, top management positions and managers, all processes related to the products or services provided / produced by the company.
Disclosure of Employee Rights
Payment methods of fees, payment days, public holidays, working hours and break times, insurance regulations and benefits are clearly transferred to the employee.
The employee is first introduced to the manager and colleagues of the department in which he/she will be actively working, and then to other managers, all people working in the Human Resources department, and employee consultants (such as buddy, mentor).
Transfer of Business-Related Information
- The person's workspace is made ready for use.
- Employee-owned corporate e-mail, phone number and employee ID card are created.
- The job description and the tasks for which the employee will be responsible are clearly transferred.
- General information is provided about the employee's business relationship with other departments within the company.
The Benefits of Orientation Training
The benefits of orientation, according to the duration of which can vary from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the nature of the position and its position in the company, are observed in the long term. In corporate companies, the risk of employees disrupting the current operation is minimized in orientation training by learning through trial and error method. In addition, thanks to orientation trainings, problems arising from lack of knowledge are prevented.
Should you have any queries or need further details, please contact your customer representative.