Turkish Currency Protection Law
How does the Law on the Turkish Currency Protection Presidential Decree Law numbered 32 and the Communique on the amendment of the relevant Law effects the agreements based on foreign currencies? How will the employment contracts be impacted in relation to the new regulations?
What are the impacts of the Turkish Monetary Currency (TL) Protection Decree Law and which contracts among the parties in Turkey are liable to set contract values from the currency of TL?
- Parties in Agreements
- Agreements that cannot be indexed to foreign currency among the parties in Turkey.
- Agreements that can be indexed to foreign currency among the parties in Turkey.
- Agreements that can be indexed to foreign currency among parties outside of Turkey.
- Commercial and Civil Aviation agreements based in foreign currency.
- Agreements among public establishments / institutions.
- Status of valued negotiable instruments and precious metals.
- Further details in regards the application of the new regulation.
You can download our infographic publication to receive further information on the subject and the implementation of the regulation.
To access our publications in regards the effect of the regulation please refer to below articles:
- How to reorganize the service, work and related contracts within the scope of the decision to protect the value of Turkish Currency.
- Communiqué on the Amendment to the Protection of the Value of Turkish Currency Issued at 06.10.2018 and its Effect on Employee Contracts.
Posted in Whitepaper