Data Controller Representative (DCR) service
With the DCR Service, we offer you more scalable approach than hiring an in-house staff. The DCR outsourcing service provides compliance to business-owners by accessing to skilled and experienced professionals, in personal data protection requirements.
Organizations located outside of the Turkey which collects or processes personal data of Turkish citizens, are required to assign a local data controller representative (DCR). The representative must be a Turkish citizen, resident of Turkey or a Turkish entity. Turkey’s personal data protection legislation (TDPL) requires data controllers to notify the Turkish Data Protection Authority regarding their data processing activities. The representative must complete Data Controllers' Registry Application (VERBIS). Thus, the representative must appoint a contact person who must be a Turkish citizen residing in Turkey. The data controller representative can be the contact person who is appointed via the online VERBIS system.
6698 Numbered Turkish Personal Data Protection Law
Data Controllers' Registry
- Under the supervision of the Board, Data Controllers Registry shall be kept by the Presidency in a publicly available manner.
- Natural or legal persons who process personal data shall register with the Data Controllers Registry prior to commencing processing. However, considering objective criteria that shall be designated by the Board such as the characteristics and the number of data to be processed, whether or not data processing is based on any law, or whether data will be transferred to third parties, the Board may set forth exemptions to the obligation to register with the Data Controllers Registry.
- Registry application to the Data Controllers Registry shall be made with a notification including the following matters:
- a) Identity and address information of the data controller and of the representative thereof, if any.
- b) The purposes for which personal data will be processed.
- c) The group or groups of persons subject to the data and explanations regarding data categories belonging to these persons.
- ç) Recipient or groups of recipients to whom personal data may be transferred.
- d) Personal data which is envisaged to be transferred abroad.
- e) Measures taken for the security of personal data.
- f) The maximum period of time necessitated by the purposes for which personal data are processed.